Captain Mike Jenkins began his law enforcement career with the Pasco Sheriff’s Office in October of 2000. During his tenure at the PSO, Mike has been privileged to serve in a wide variety of law enforcement capacities, to include:
- Deputy, Field Training Officer (FTO), Corporal, Sergeant, FTO Sergeant and Lieutenant in Road Patrol
- Corporal in the School Resource Officer Unit
- Detective in Secondary Victims, Juvenile Investigations, Narcotics, and Major Crimes
- Inspector in the Professional Standards / Internal Affairs Unit
- In May of 2015, Mike was promoted to Captain and assumed command of District III Patrol – Trinity District. In January of 2017, Mike was selected to serve as the Commander of the Special Investigations Division.
Mike has been recognized as a criminal street gang expert in the Sixth Judicial Circuit and has taught at conferences sponsored by the Department of Justice and the Florida Gang Investigators Association on the topic of Criminal Street Gangs Investigations.
Additionally, Mike has served as an Adjunct Professor for the University of North Florida, teaching the subject of Police Internal Affairs and Interview and Interrogation Techniques for IA Investigators. These classes were held across the United States under the oversight of UNF’s Institute of Police Technology & Management.
Mike served as an Executive Board Member of the National Internal Affairs Investigators Association from 2011 – 2015, and served as President of the NIAIA from 2013 – 2014.
Mike has a B.A. degree in Biblical Studies from Trinity College of Florida and has been married to his wife Angela for over twenty years. Mike and Angela have six children together and have lived in Pasco County since 1997.