-What are the child seat belt laws in Florida?
Child seat belt law requirements in Florida are as follows: Florida statute 316.613 Child restraint requirements.– Every operator of a motor vehicle as defined herein, while transporting a child in a motor vehicle operated on the roadways, streets, or highways of this state, shall, if the child is 5 years of age or younger, provide for protection of the child by properly using a crash-tested, federally approved child restraint device. For children aged through 3 years, such restraint device must be a  separate carrier or a vehicle manufacturer’s integrated child seat. For children aged 4 through 5 years, a separate carrier, an integrated child seat, or a seat belt may be used.
-Pasco County watering restrictions

To report a violation, please contact Pasco County code enforcement at 727-847-8171.

No watering between the hours of 8 a.m. and  6 p.m.!

Any other questions call the following numbers:

Southwest Florida Water Management District: 1-800-836-0797, extension 2298 Tampa Bay Water 813-310-3246

Pasco Watering restrictions are as follows (City Municipalities have their own schedule):

(Number indicates the last number on “house” address) 0-1 Monday 2-3 Tuesday 4-5 Wednesday 6-7 Thursday 8-9 Friday Reclaimed Water Schedule (Number indicates the last number on “house” address) 0-1 Tuesday & Friday 2-3 Thursday & Sunday 4-5 Monday & Friday 6-7 Tuesday & Saturday 8-9 Wednesday & Sunday New plants / grass can be watered daily for 2 weeks, than every other day for the following 2 weeks (1 month total).
-Curfew Ordinance
The Pasco County curfew ordinance is as follows: Minors: The curfew ordinance prohibits minors from being at certain locations during specific days and times as follows:
  1.  A minor may not be, or remain in, a public place or establishment between the hours of 11 p.m. and 5 a.m. of the following day, Sunday through Thursday, except legal holidays.
  2.  A minor may not be, or remain in, a public place or establishment between the hours of 12:01 a.m. and 6 a.m. Saturday, Sunday, and legal holidays.
  3. A minor who has been suspended or expelled from school may not be, or remain in, a public place, establishment, or within 1,000 feet of a school during the hours of 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. during any school day.
Exemptions: The Pasco County Curfew Ordinance lists exemptions from the prohibited acts listed above. These exemptions apply when a minor is:
  1.  Accompanied by a parent or by another adult authorized by the minor’s parent to have custody of the minor.
  2. Involved in an emergency or engaged, with his parent’s permission, in an emergency errand.
  3. Attending or traveling directly to or from an activity that involves the exercise of rights protected under the First Amendment of the United States Constitution.
  4. Going directly to or returning directly from lawful employment, or who is in a public place or establishment in connection with, or as required by, a business, trade, profession, or occupation in which the minor is lawfully engaged.
  5. Returning directly home from a school sponsored function, a religious function, or a civic organization sponsored function
  6. On the property or the sidewalk of the place where he resides, or on the property or sidewalk of an adult next door neighbor with that neighbor’s permission.
  7. Engaged in interstate travel or bona fide intrastate travel with the consent of the minor’s parent.
  8. Attendance at an organized event held at and sponsored by a theme park or entertainment complex as defined in F.S. 509.013 (9).
-Why doesn’t the Pasco Sheriff’s Office stop illegal use of fireworks?
For more information, click this link: Fireworks: Statutes, Enforcement & Upcoming Changes
-Call in a complaint about stray dogs and cats or barking dogs?
Pasco Animal Control personnel are best equipped to handle these calls for service.  They can be reached at 727-834-3216, 813-929-1212 or 352-521-5194.
-How do I report tax fraud?
Per the IRS Criminal Investigation Unit, tax fraud victims do not need to report these occurrences to local law enforcement. Instead, they should complete and submit Identity Theft Affidavit (IRS form 14039) which can be accessed online at http://www.irs.gov/
-How do I evict someone from my property?
Eviction is a legal process that often requires a court order.  For more information and to download a brochure on the subject, access the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services website by clicking this link http://www.800helpfla.com/landlord_text.html Additional information via Pasco County Clerk’s Office may be found at http://www.pascoclerk.com/public-courts-landlord-tenant.asp
-How do I report a crime or offer information about criminal activity?
  • For Any Emergency, please call 911
  • To request a deputy for a non-emergency, please call the Pasco County Public Safety Communications Unit at 727-847-8102. Please note that these calls are prioritized according to the urgency of the incident.
  • To leave an anonymous message: If you have information on a reported or suspected crime, please contact either the Pasco Sheriff’s Office Crime Tips Line at 1-800-706-2488, or visit our Crime Tips page by CLICKING HERE or contact Tampa Bay CrimeStoppers at 1-800-873-TIPS.
-How do I register as a felon?
Effective March 03, 2014, all Sex Offender, Career Offender and Felon Registrations will be completed at the Land O’ Lakes Detention Center located at 20101 Central Blvd, in Land O’ Lakes, located off US Hwy 41 (South of State Road 52, and North of State Road 54).

Registration hours will be Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday: 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM We are closed Thursdays, Holidays and daily for Lunch.

New registration phone number: 813-235-6170 Within 48 hours, felons and sex offenders are required to register upon being released from their incarceration or being placed on probation. They must bring any documentation issued to them so the Pasco Sheriff’s Office can stamp it to prove they are in compliance. A Florida License, Florida ID card, or D.O.C. ID. For more information, go to the Sexual Predators page.
-How do I get a set of my fingerprints
The Pasco Tax Collectors office will be providing fingerprinting services to the public. You can get more information about times and locations by contacting the Tax Collectors office at www.pascotaxes.com Other fingerprinting services are available through private vendors.  A list of these vendors is available from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement’s website.
-How do I find out about employment at the Pasco Sheriff’s Office?
For inquiries about employment at the Pasco Sheriff’s Office, please visit our Career Page, or contact the Human Resources Section at 1-800-854-2862, extension 7791 or email at humanresources@pascosheriff.org.
-How can I find out if my lost or stolen bicycle has been located?
Contact the Property Evidence Section at 813-235-6120. Provide a complete description of the bicycle. We will then compare the description to our existing inventory of found bicycles to locate a match. If we find a match, Property Evidence will ask for a name and telephone number of the person wishing to make the claim. We will then send a written release to the impounding deputy or detective to authorize the return to owner. Property Evidence will contact the owner upon receipt of written release and schedule an appointment to return the bicycle.
-How to find out if your automobile has been impounded or seized?
Call our Customer Service Unit at 727-815-7023. If your vehicle was towed or repossessed by a private company, you will need to contact that company directly for information.
-How do I find out about the auction of Sheriff’s Office vehicles?
The Pasco Sheriff’s Office uses Tampa Machinery Auction to sell the majority of our of used equipment.  Please call that organization at 1-800-282-2054 or visit their website at http://www.tmauction.com for more information.  Most auctions are scheduled the second Saturday of every month; however, that doesn’t mean the PSO has vehicles in the auction that frequently.
-How do I Request a ride-along with a Sheriff’s deputy?
You must fill out a ride-along form and allow us to perform a background check on you.  At that time, we will schedule an appointment for you to ride with a Sheriff’s deputy.  For more information, contact a desk officer for the area of the county you wish to ride: East and Central Pasco — 352-518-5067; West Pasco — 727-844-7764.
-How do I File a complaint?
The Pasco Sheriff’s Office’s Professional Standards Unit investigates complaints about agency employees.  Please call 727-815-7117.
-How do I schedule a visit with an inmate?
Click here.
-How do I get a Sheriff’s Office patch?
Contact the Pasco Sheriff’s Office’s Purchasing Unit at 1-800-854-2862, extension 6011, or email Purchasing at purchasing@pascosheriff.org.
-How do I find out about the costs involved with the service of civil process?
Click here for that information.
-How do I Receive a background check on a person?
Background checks FOR PASCO COUNTY INCIDENTS ONLY are available from our Records Unit at 1-800-854-2862, extension 6448 or 813-235-6118.  For a more complete background check, please visit the Florida Department of Law Enforcement website at http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/criminalhistory/.
-How do I Receive a copy of an arrest report or incident report?
The Pasco Sheriff’s Office’s Records Unit provides agency records to citizens.  They can be reached at 1-800-854-2862, extension 6448 or 813-235-6118, and the fax number is 813-235-6119.  In accordance with Florida Statute 119 (Public Records), there may be a fee involved.