Explorer Noah Grant, Explorer Sergeant Daniel Ennis, Explorer Corporal Brook Caban, Explorer Christian Negron, Explorer Sergeant Gabrielle Taylor, Explorer Lieutenant Chelsea Uzzi.We are currently recruiting for anyone between the ages of 14 and 21 who are interested in a career in law enforcement. The program will expose Explorers to the fundamental principles of law enforcement, and teach them the basic operations and procedures law enforcement officers perform each day. Our training includes classroom instruction, scenario reenactments, traffic stops, state statutes, radio procedures, report writing techniques, and much more. We currently have over 30 Explorers in our Post.For more information on the Explorer Post, contact your school resource officer.
Supervision of the Year: Captain Carter Roan
Dedication Award: Major Jeremy Hixson
Advisor of the Year: Detective Ryan Nye
Explorer of the Year: William O’Hara
Explorer Post 916 has been able to reach out to the community by helping attend community events around the county.
– Explorers will support parking efforts made at various races, such as the Savage Race at Little Everglades Ranch, and the Longleaf Triathlon at Starkey Park
– Explorers also help assist other festivals and special events, such as the Tampa Bay Sporting Clays, helping man the traps for the shooters.
– Explorer Post’s Honor Guard presented the colors at the Sheriff’s Office Annual Banquet.
2015: 2nd place overall out of 31 other Explorer Posts in the FAPE State Competition.
During the 2015 State Competition, we received 2nd place in the In-Progress event, and 1st place in the Active Shooter event.
2015 FAPE STATE COMPETITION RESULTS
2016: 3rd place overall out of 31 other Explorer Posts in the FAPE State Competition.
We received 2nd place in Search and Arrest, 4th in Crime Scene, and 4th place in Crisis Intervention.
2016 FAPE STATE COMPETITION RESULTS
HOW TO JOIN:
If anyone is interested in becoming an Explorer, they can contact their School Resource Officer (SRO) for more information, or may visit us at one of our Explorer meetings. Our meetings are held every Tuesday night, 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM, at the Safety Town Complex off of SR 52 and Suncoast Parkway (15362 Alric Pottberg Rd, Shady Hills, FL 34610)
To join the Pasco Sheriff’s Office Explorer Post 916, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Must be 14-21 years old
- Must be enrolled in high school or possess a high school diploma or GED
- Must maintain a 2.0 grade point average in school
- Must not have a criminal record
- Must be mentally, morally, and physically fit
- Must attend three consecutive meetings as a visitor prior to becoming a member
- Must complete a formal membership application
- Must pass an oral board examination and a complete background investigation
The Pasco Sheriff’s Office Explorer Post 916 has been approved to assist Sheriff’s Office members during natural disasters such as hurricanes. The Explorer Response Team will be assisting deputies assigned to work at approved hurricane shelters.
The Explorers’ training included:
- A review of Sheriff’s Office General Order 46.1.1 regarding hurricane plans
- Attending a Red Cross Shelter training program
- Touring a local shelter to see how they are operated.
The program is voluntary and each parent approved their son or daughter to participate.