Your Career Is Only A Click Away. Let’s Get Started!
Now that you have explored our career opportunities, it is time to get started on the application process. The application process to join our team can take up to six months to complete.
- Each available position maintains its own unique set of minimum qualifications which may include passing of pre-employment tests, levels of education, years of experience, certifications, etc.
- Read each job description thoroughly to be sure you meet all minimum job qualifications before applying.
- Once you have applied for a position, please monitor your email account and application profile frequently. Some communication will be sent via e-mail and there is the possibility of it going to your spam or junk box. For an application status, please login to your application profile.
- Positions requiring pre-employment testing
- You will undergo an extensive and thorough background investigation.
- You may undergo polygraph, medical and physical examinations.
- For additional questions, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page or contact the Employment Services Section of the Human Resources Division at 727-844-7791.
Certified Applicants (Detention Deputy and Law Enforcement Deputy)
Follow this link to scheduled your PAT. In order to participate in the Fitness Assessment, You will be required to have a physician complete the attached Fitness Assessment Medical Release Form and present it along with photo I.D. to agency personnel on the day of the assessment. This assessment will be conducted at the Pasco Detention Center located at 20101 Central Blvd Land O’Lakes, Florida 34637.
If you are applying for a Detention or Law Enforcement trainee position, you will also need to complete the CJBAT. Please ensure you complete the CJBAT for the discipline for which you are applying. You may complete the testing at various centers in the state of Florida.
CRIMINAL JUSTICE TRAINING CENTERS
All Applicants (Civilian and Certified)
Due to the number of applications received, we do not always notify applicants of their application status. Those who are selected to move forward to the next step of the process will be contacted by a member of the Recruitment Team.
When completing the online application, you must provide your entire work history, including all jobs you had, even if the job was not relevant to the position you are currently applying for. Also, please ensure you provide your residential history for the last 10 years.
Once you are selected to move to the next step in the process, you will be asked to complete the following documents:
- Background Investigation Waiver
- Collection of Social Security Number
- Supporting Documents
- Personal Reference Questionnaire
- Review and sign the job description for the position you are applying
Original documents must be signed, witnessed and returned by mail or in person at 8700 Citizens Dr. New Port Richey, FL 34654. When completing the documents, please scan and email a copy of the Background Investigation Waiver to email@example.com as soon as possible so we may begin your background investigation.
Be advised the completed reference forms do not have to accompany the supporting documents, they can come in at a later time. An electronic version of the reference form is attached and can be used to send electronically in the event your references are not local. Reference forms must be completed by the six people that you listed on your application. You will also be asked to provide the copies of the following documents:
- Birth Certificate
- Proof of United States citizenship, immigration documents or visa (if applicable)
- Social Security Card
- High School Diploma or GED (transcripts of grades required with GED)
- Official College Transcripts-must be certified sealed copy (if applicable)
- Valid Florida Driver’s License
- DD-214 if you are a veteran of the United States Armed Forces
- Law Enforcement or Detention certification (if applicable)
- Documents changing your legal name (IE: marriage certificate, divorce decree, adoption, legal name change)
Use of Tobacco and/or Nicotine Products
The Sheriff’s Office will only hire applicants who WILL NOT smoke or use any tobacco and/or nicotine products in any way, either on or off duty. Applicants shall sign an agreement stating that they WILL NOT now or while employed with the Pasco Sheriff’s Office, use any tobacco and/or nicotine products.
Illegal Drug Use/Experimentation
An applicant must NOT have:
Used, tried, possessed, or experimented with marijuana within the past 12 months. Applicants who have limited experimental use of marijuana more than 1 year ago may be considered for employment.
Used, tried, possessed, or experimented with any illegal drug/controlled substance, other than marijuana, in the past 5 years. Applicants who have limited experimental use more than 5 years ago may be considered on a case by case basis.
Sold or delivered any illegal drug/controlled substance at anytime.
An applicant who pleads guilty or nolo contendere (no contest) to, or is found guilty of any felony or guilty of a misdemeanor involving perjury or a false statement, is NOT eligible for employment even if the sentence was suspended or adjudication was withheld by the judge.
During the 3 years prior to application, an applicant must NOT have accumulated more than 12 points on their driver’s license, or have a driving record that reflects repeated offenses and a flagrant disregard for traffic laws.
During the 5 years prior to application, an applicant must NOT have had:
1. Their driver’s license suspended more than once for either nonpayment of insurance, or for nonpayment of traffic fines.
2. Their driver’s license suspended or revoked more than once for traffic violations.
3. A conviction of, or pied to, “Fleeing or Attempting to Elude· a law enforcement officer.
4. A conviction of, or pied to, “Driving Under the Influence•.
An applicant who has served in the armed forces, MUST have received an Honorable Discharge and be able to provide a copy of their discharge certificate and DD Form 214 indicating the character of, and reason for, discharge.
Note: Although not an application disqualifies, please be advised that members who have contact with the public conducting agency business will not display a tattoo, temporary decal, body art or portion thereof that is visible to the public while wearing an agency uniform or conducting agency business.
This service will only work with Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Edge.
For information about becoming a certified deputy sheriff in the State of Florida,you may contact the Florida Department of Law Enforcement directly at 850-245-2929 or visit www.fdle.state.fl.us
If you are interested in reviewing our current openings and/or applying with our agency, please note that you will be required to create a login – please click the “Applicant Online” button below to proceed.
Please review the minimum requirements found in the applicable job posting you are interested in. Providing that you meet the qualifications, you are invited to submit an application. Your patience during the initial selection process is appreciated.
Once a selection is made, you will be contacted by the Human Resources Department regarding the background investigation, which includes but is not limited to: driving history check, credit check, criminal history check and previous employment check. Human Resources keeps applications on file for one year.
The Pasco Sheriff`s Office strives to recruit the most qualified candidates.
Please direct any questions to the Pasco Sheriff`s Office Human Resources Department 727-844-7791.
Are you eligible for Veteran’s Preference?
- A disabled veteran who has served on active duty in any branch of the Armed Forces and who has an
existing service-connected disability commensurable under public laws commensurable by the Veteran’s Administration?
- A disabled veteran who has served on active duty in any branch of the Armed Forces and who is receiving compensation, disability retirement benefits or pension by reason of public laws administered by the Veteran’s Administration or the Department of Defense?
- The spouse of any person who has a total & permanent service-connected disability and who, because of his/her disability, cannot qualify for employment?
- The spouse of any person who is n1issing in action, captured in the line of duty by a hostile force or forcibly detained or intervened in the line of duty of a foreign government or power?
- A veteran of any war who has served on active duty of 181 consecutive days or n1ore, or who has served180 consecutive days or more since January 31, 1955, and who has discharged or separated there from with an honorable discharge from the Armed Forces and such active duty was performed during the wartime era? (Please not Active duty for training shall not be allowable.)
- An unmarried widow or widower of a veteran who died of a service-connected disability?
What are the retirement options?
Employees of the Pasco Sheriff’s Office are eligible for retirement benefits through the Florida State Retirement system.
Continuing Education Opportunities
Members are eligible for Tuition Reimbursement after completing the introductory period. During Fall and Spring sessions the Pasco Sheriff’s Office will assist with tuition for up to two courses, based on three credit hours per class, plus required lab fees, per term or semester at the current state rate. Agency members will be limited to two classes combined during the summer session(s), whether enrolling in a traditional summer or abbreviated summer session. The maximum tuition assistance amount for an Associate degree course will be based on the current semester hour rate charged by the Pasco-Hernando Community College. The maximum tuition assistance amount for a Bachelor or Master’s degree course will be based on the current semester hour rate charged by the University of South Florida.
How will I receive communication about my employment application?
All communications will be via email or via phone. Make sure you check both your voicemail and email accounts regularly and make sure to check your junk or spam folders for any email communications.
Where is the Physical Assessment Held?
The Land O’Lakes Detention Center. To check in, go to the Lobby at the top of the ramp. You must bring your completed Medical Waiver in order to participate. The Land O’Lakes Detention Center is located at 20101 Central Boulevard, Land O’Lakes, FL 34637.
Who can assist with any additional questions?
You may contact a member of the Pasco Sheriff’s Office Human Resources Hiring Team at 727-844-7791 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A disabled veteran who has served on active duty in any branch of the Armed Forces and who has an
PLAY VIDEO —————————————————–